Thursday 1 September 2011

OMG!

One of my friends showed her mother my paintings and now she wants 5! YEY! I love that someone can look at my work and be inspired/excited enough to pay money for it! The paintings in question are to be hung in their newly built house in Sierra Leone... Victoria Richards is going international! Ha. Now I'm panicking if I'm going to get them right and to the standard that they want, which is always a bit daunting, but never the less, a challenge!

Also, another friends mother wants a painting, but this one really is a challenge, she wants my version of the 'Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe'... being a child minder, she feels like this and wants to be the childminder who lived in the shoe. So I've begun research and its going to be a toughy! I'm not used to fine art/illustration and the one ones I really have done were the pictures for my little cousin (who is subsequently due today!) so I really need to practice those sort of skills a bit more and then have a go. You shall see the finished result on here, and you can judge for yourself if I have it right, which will be probably not!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good luck Vic, this seems like a great opportunity! :D haha this is really cool! I'm sure you could make this a business.

    ReplyDelete